Operating System - Microsoft
1758661 Members
2268 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

I need to do a clean install from scratch of Windows Server 2019 on five, DL360 Gen 9

Stuart88
Occasional Contributor

I need to do a clean install from scratch of Windows Server 2019 on five, DL360 Gen 9

I need to do a clean install from scratch of Windows Server 2019 on five, DL360 Gen 9 servers.  Is there an instruction document for this?

4 REPLIES 4
shuff
Frequent Advisor

Re: I need to do a clean install from scratch of Windows Server 2019 on five, DL360 Gen 9

Here is the overview and I have added links to the docs below:

1. Prepare for Installation:

• Ensure that your server's firmware is up to date to avoid any compatibility issues during the installation of Windows Server 2019.
    • Verify that all hardware components are functioning correctly and are compatible with Windows Server 2019.
  2. Installation Process:

• Boot the server from the installation media. You can use a USB drive or DVD containing the Windows Server 2019 installation files.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to begin the installation. You will need to select the correct drive for installation and format it if necessary.
    • Complete the installation by setting up the initial configuration, such as setting the administrator password and configuring network settings.
  3. Post-Installation Configuration:

• Install the necessary drivers for your server’s hardware. This includes network adapters, storage controllers, and any other essential hardware components.
    • It is recommended to install the latest HPE Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) to ensure all drivers and firmware are up to date.
    • Configure server roles and features as required for your environment.

For detailed instructions, including screenshots and additional configuration tips:

Stuart88
Occasional Contributor

Re: I need to do a clean install from scratch of Windows Server 2019 on five, DL360 Gen 9

This link,  HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9 Server - Installation Guide  takes me to a “SUPPORT ALERTS - CUSTOMER ADVISORY"  WEB page for Gen 10 servers.

This link,  HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9 Server - Additional Resources takes me to “SUPPORT ALERTS - CUSTOMER BULLETIN” WEB page.

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello Stuart,

Good to know, you created a Windows Server 2019 bootable USB stick and load Windows onto a DL360, G9.

Please let us know if any further assistance is required.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Stuart88,

Let us know if your concern has been addressed.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo