1761305 Members
3511 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion

New Microsoft Exchange Cumulative Update is Here

mhardi01
HPE Blogger

New Microsoft Exchange Cumulative Update is Here

Microsoft announced the release of Cumulative Updates for Exchange Server 2016 and Exchange Server 2019. In the absence of an Exchange 2022 release, this is the next best way to update your on-prem Exchange environment.

Our Exchange solution expert looked through what’s new in CU12, and focused on these as the most noteworthy changes:

• Changes for Hybrid environments

Microsoft now has updated the product key with no cost for deploying exchange Hybrid servers 2019, which up to know was only for exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016.

Support for using MFA-enabled admin credentials with Hybrid Agent cmdlets.

• Servicing Model Changes

Moving from quarterly to semiannually, targeting March and Sept releases.

Future updates will only be for Exchange server 2019 as mainstream support has ended for Exchange 2016 and 2013.

• Exchange Management tools update

Eliminates the need to run an Exchange server specifically to perform recipient management activities, which is good news for customers who now no longer have to manage or pay to license that server (more info here).

• Support for Windows Server 2022

Includes TLS v1.3 in the Windows environment.

We’re told support for TLS 1.3 will be added next year to Exchange Server 2019.

• New Bounty Program for Exchange Server (This is exciting!!!)

Pays researchers to identify vulnerabilities in Exchange on-prem along with other specific Microsoft apps, between $500 to $30,000! (more info here).

Microsoft’s announcement of Exchange Server 2019 CU12 is detailed here: Released: 2022 H1 Cumulative Updates for Exchange Server - Microsoft Tech Community

Read up on Our latest update to the Exchange on HPE Apollo 4000 solution, now supporting the HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 Plus storage systems. Still high capacity/density but with even more performance for your largest email environments.  New Solution info here

Mike Harding | Microsoft Solutions Product Management
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: New Microsoft Exchange Cumulative Update is Here

Hi,

Good to know, thanks for sharing this update.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo