AMDS NOPRIV error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: AMDS NOPRIV error

Aaron,

... this means that the offset to the security triplet queue (0x170) is different on your system/version of DECamds.

Could you please mail me the contents of the RMA0 UCB on your system ?

SDA> exa 81470040;300

Assuming that 81470040 is the UCB address of your RMA0 device as shown by SDA> SHOW DEV RMA0

Volker.

PS: You should be able to guess my mail address from my forum profile.
Lawrence Czlapinski
Trusted Contributor

Aaron,
1. If you have an Alpha, you could try setting up AVAIL_MAN on the Alpha and see which nodes it sees. RMA0 should be the same ethernet device that the node uses to see the Alpha. I run an Alpha excursions window on my PC. It's more secure than running it directly on a PC. That is important for us since I can fix any node in our 2 site WAN.
2. There is a small possiblity that you may have AMDS$DRIVER_ACCESS.DAT in multiple directories. The directory used for the AMDS$DRIVER_ACCESS.DAT file was changed from AMDS$SYSTEM (V7.1 and earlier) to SYS$MANAGER (V7.2 and later).
$SET DEF AMDS$SYSTEM
$DIR AMDS*.DAT

Since you are seeing no privilege for that MAC, that suggests that you are on the right ethernet interface.
Lawrence
Aaron Sakovich
Super Advisor

Whooha! You both win!

Volker showed me how to find out what the password being sent was, which turned out to be an old one from a prior version. Lawrence nailed it -- the old Driver_Access file was still in the old directory!

Thanks guys!

(I like your idea about running it off the VMS hosts, too -- I use both eXcursion and tunnel with SSH, so that would be the ultimate in a secure solution.)
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

For documentation purposes:

The offset in the RMA0 UCB to the security triplet queue for AMDS V2.4 is UCB+100

Volker.