3375 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to Rest The ILO Password Remotely | VMware ESXI 8.0 on HP DL360 Gen10

karthigkb
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Rest The ILO Password Remotely | VMware ESXI 8.0 on HP DL360 Gen10

Hello Team,

we are using HP DL360 Gen10 with ESXI 8.0.  we are unable to install - HPE-Utility-Component_10.5.0-63-signed_component-15745486.zip or HPE-Utility-Component_10.8.0.700-22_18497760.zip on the VMWare ESXI 8.0. which version of HPE-Utility-Component is compatible with VMware ESXI 8.0 <<

Please help me with the link to download the HPE-Utility-Component for VMware ESXI 8.0 <<

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to Rest The ILO Password Remotely | VMware ESXI 8.0 on HP DL360 Gen10

Hi,

For ESXi 8, they may not be available or released, I am not sure though.
Have you tried HPE Custom Image for ESXi 8.0 Offline Bundle?  https://www.hpe.com/us/en/servers/hpe-esxi.html

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

karthigkb
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to Rest The ILO Password Remotely | VMware ESXI 8.0 on HP DL360 Gen10

we are in progress of upgrade ESXI 7.0. using vLCM upgrade basline. esxi 7.0 to ESXI 8.0 which is completed successfully, now i need to reset my ILO password using HPE-Utility-Component,  here issue is HPE-Utility-Component not avaialble for ESXI 8.0

ESXI 8.0 need HPE-Utility-Component to reset password from remote/ESXI putty console. 

Direct instalation using custom ISO and no tools folder available on the /opt location

ESXI 8.0 not have any tools/hponcfg folder:

[root@test-80-01:/opt] ls
amsd fcen64 ilorest sut
amsdv hpe-upgrade smartstorageadmin vmware
[root@test-80-01:/opt]

ESXI 6.7 have tools/hponcfg:

[root@test-67-01:/opt/tools] ls

bootcfg conrep.xml getipmibtaddress testevent_esxcli bootcfg_esxcli

conrep_gen10.xml hponcfg conrep gen10ornewer testevent

HP team not released tools/hponcfg for ESXI 8.0 (HPE-Utility-Component) it seems.