Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1760817 Members
3449 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion

9350i, 3 machines, problems and what happend!

Juha

9350i, 3 machines, problems and what happend!

We bought the 9350i quality product only to find out it didn't work. After removing hardware, changing cables, running scandisk + defrag, killing loading software and other software, logging without network, changing machines role to network server, changing motherboard drivers, decreasing write speed to 1x, disabling power management, removing extra vxd's and disabling DMA (did I forget something?), I still got after ~5% - buffer underrun. After changing motherboard ide drivers I got to 10%, but stiil buffer underrun!

This was with a ADM K6-2 300mhz (latest bios and all drivers) with only one hard drive (which has good ebough transfer rate) and only an agp card and a 3com network card installed. It has an Epox motherboard.
So I tried it on my Thunderbird 900, which has 2 hard drivers and every software etc enabled and it worked without problems.
Now I just had to try it on my Pentium Pro 200 with 3 hard drivers and millions softwares running since its a "server" and various hardware, and it works even with 8x (haven't tried 10x yet). It even has one harddisk in the same cable as the burner is.
So looks like there's just something in the AMD K6-2 that just wont allow the CDR to work in peace. I got the feeling like some interrupt or etc occured from the motherboard to interrupt the burning.... None of the useal methods or any of the stuff on hp's site did not help!

So if you got only one machine, the problem might just be in it!

Greetings
Juha

PS All these system run windows 98.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk-Based Systems > Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum MOderator

1 REPLY 1
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: 9350i, 3 machines, problems and what happend!

Hi Juha.
Put the burner on IDE 2 as master.
Switch off DMA in the hardware manager.
Try WinOnCD latest version.
If that does not help, make an image off the original CD on the harddisk and burn it from the image.
Hope, that helps. If not feel free to contact me at Alexander_Ermes@web.de
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"