Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1755755 Members
5367 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Surestore Optical 600mx and LSI SCSI

Omar Hassan_1

HP Surestore Optical 600mx and LSI SCSI

Hello, I am at my wit's end with this thing. Here is the situation - We had an HP Surestore Optical 600mx conected to an HP DL380G3 via an LSI model LSIU80LVD SCSI card. All of the sudden, the server crashed and would no longer boot into Windows 2000. After doing a lot of HW troubleshooting, we determined that the card had gone bad. So, I call LSI for a replacement card (they no longer make the original one) and they give me an LSI20160B-F. It's in the server, recognized by the server, and Windows 2000 sees the card just fine with the correct drivers loaded. Here's the problem:

The server boots just fine unless the jukebox is turned on. I have checked all connections, done the diagnostics on the jukebox, and double checked that I have the correct drivers installed. I backed the speed in the SCSI BIOS down to 10 from 160 and enabled removeable storage support. Still no change. I really don't know what else to try. Help!

Thanks,
Omar
3 REPLIES 3
Omar Hassan_1

Wanted to add that all hardware passes diagnostics.
mark webb_2
Advisor

Make sure the jukebox ID is not set to a boot ID on the new controller. You can enter hba bios and change boot settings.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Check your terminator. I have seen this behavior with a failed terminator that was causing the "Reset" line to constantly bounce.