3883 Online
108857 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: jukebox 400ex and formating/erasing

SOLVED
Go to solution

jukebox 400ex and formating/erasing

Hello all,

I can't erase/format data inside mo 8x 5.2 GB RW 2048 bytes/sector disk (88147J). How should I perform that ?
I need ASAP !
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mindaugas
Everything is possible !
6 REPLIES 6
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,
more information is needed. Which Operating System? Which application? How do you do it? Which error messages do you receive and what's expected?
Usually MO drives and disks appear as removable SCSI disk and all disk operations are valid for them.
As I know disks should be pre-formatted (no need to reformat at low level, like 'mediainit'). In addition please check if 2048 sector size is compatible with your OS
Eugeny

I have Windows NT 4.0 Server OS. I use native software which comes together with JukeBox 400ex. When I'm trying to write data an error appears the DISK IS FULL. Where should I do an erase ? Thanks.
Everything is possible !

more, I use Disk Extended 2000 with OS NT4.0 Serv SP5; there's no option to erase/format MO from that software, any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
Everything is possible !
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

What's this native software? If going to 'My Computer' do you see these removable MO drives? You'll not see if RSM - removable storage manager - is not started. It should not be started if you use any '3-rd party' backup application.
I think you ca go to backup application web-site and download manuals for it (if you do not have docs on CDs or in hardcopy format)
Eugeny
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor

Hello Mindaugas,
There are a few pieces of information that I need as well as some recommendations.

First, verify that the media was formatted and written utilizing NTFS. You've mentioned that you're using native drivers, however I believe there is some confusion here because you must be using some app to control the jukebox. Please clarify what software application has been used or is being used.

If you can't go into disk manager and perform a format, or open the disk drive in Windows Explorer and delete selected files I would require details as to what error messages etc that you encounter.

Finally... you should be sure that if you reboot the system you do NOT have a piece of media loaded in the drive.

Thanks
John
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor

Just noticed your posting of DiskXtender, you need to perform the format from within the DX admin interface. You'll have to take the platter offline to do this.

OR, if using RW media you should be able to easily go to the "Extended" virtual drive and delete files.

John