1758670 Members
2299 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem on accessing 40fx Jukebox

ckchoi
Advisor

Problem on accessing 40fx Jukebox

I had a problem when try to access my 40fx jukebox installed under HP-UX O/S. The following message appeared when I started FileNet:

ARM Can't open Storage Library a (device name=/fnsw/dev/1/osara') ...

Do I have the wrong device address?

When using fn_edit to view the device address of the storage library, it is "3 5 3 0" and the drives are "3 5 4 0" and "3 5 5 0". When typing the ioscan -fn command, I only find that the hardware path of the drives (8/16/5.4.0 and 8/16/5.5.0) but not the storage library.

Is device address "3 5 4 0" and "3 5 5 0" refers to hardware path 8/16/5.4.0 and 8/16/5.5.0 respectively? (BTW, what is the meaning of hardware address?) If yes, I guess the hardware path of the library should be 8/16/5.3.0. However, I found that the hardware address is occupied by the internal tape drive. (/dev/rmt/0m)

If I need to reassign the device address of the library, can I just change it through fn_edit only? What other steps are required, if needed?

Thanks.

(P.S. Where can I find detailed steps on how to add jukebox in HP-UX platform? Because I want to connect another jukebox to 2 different HP-UX machine)
1 REPLY 1
Mohamed Elzein

Re: Problem on accessing 40fx Jukebox

Dear Sir,

I have similar request to add a New HP Jukebox on FileNet under AIX & I am looking for help to get a procedure to add such device.

Did you get any help for your request? or did you succeeded to add your new Jukebox?

If yes would you please help me with the procedure.

Thanks & Regards