Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1756310 Members
3887 Online
108844 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem with Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B burner using my HP Pavilion PC

Jaime Villalpando

Problem with Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B burner using my HP Pavilion PC

I have been searching the forum for some help on my problem, and it seems some people have had the same problem. But nobody has answered those posts (at least not the ones I have read) and I really need to know how to repair this. This was taken from a guy named Mark that asked the same question a couple of months ago and didn't get an answer. I just changed the post a little bit (to my specifications) and here it is (hope you can help!!!):

I have a HP Pavillion 542x US version. The above titled CD-R Drive is fitted in the tower as standard. I have the appropriate driver installed and the latest version of HP RECORD NOW also. My problem is that my CD-R Drive frequently states, when I am trying to burn cd's, "PLEASE INSERT A DISK INTO THE SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-224B (E:) DRIVE".
This happens even when I have a brand new blank cd-r and have just put it into the drive!! Basically it wont recognise my CD-R's. I have tried cheap cd-r's and also expensive-ish SONY ones. All to no avail. I have tried recording with the WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER recording software too, but this results in the same message appearing on my screen after inserting a new blank disc. The drive does seem to work in general though. It reads information fine from pre-recorded Games software / cd audios etc. It works just like a regular CD-ROM drive instead of a CD-RW one.

What could be the problem here? Please help as it's costing me much time and money to get absolutely no-where with this!!!

Many thanks in advance

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Nick_194

Re: Problem with Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B burner using my HP Pavilion PC

i have the exact same problem right now, has hp helped u fix it yet? if so please let me kno how to fix it because i cant burn any CDs