Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1760992 Members
11967 Online
108896 Solutions
New Discussion

Record Now software (2)

Roger Jelbert

Record Now software (2)

I have RecordNow v3.5 on an xp machine. Trying to append files to an existing Cd. When I click 'next' at the opening screen, RNow reads the CD and puts up a 'warning' message which has something to do with telling me that files are already present. Problem is, it has been split into two parts (as when sitting across the split of a dual monitor setup) and only the left half is there. As the 'ok' box of this warning must be over on the other side, the system is effectively stuck and only taskmanager can get me out.

The PC has dual monitors but the right half does not appear on it. If I change the settings to single monitor the warning is still displayed only left half.

Is this a bug? Anyone know a fix? Roger.

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Roger Jelbert

Re: Record Now software (2)

Ok, so no help here. After reading some other posts perhaps I am lucky it works at all.

Some more detail. HP CD-Writer+9300, drivers by microsoft 5.1.25.35.0

Graphics card Matrox G450 drivers by Matrox v 5.72.21.0

The drive burns ok on new empty media and now I think I have found a workaround. Show it a blank disc first - cancel - then show it the part used disk and it's worked on two successive occasions. Roger Jelbert