2928 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

UDFREADER

Richard D. Evans
Occasional Contributor

UDFREADER

I have a HP CD Writer 8200E.
I inserted a CD-RW with Photos sorted into folders. As I was going to read it through Windows Explorer (Windows ME), it apeared as UDFREADER. I have tried to get it back with no luck at all. I click on UDFREADER and it asks me to install it. I try installing it and everytime I click on it it will say it is updated. I have tried to uninstall the UdFREADER and install it again.
How can I get my files to come back again?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Edward Montalvo

Re: UDFREADER

I have experienced the exact same problem. I was wondering if you have been able to resolve this?
JAMES  W. FRIEDEWALD

did you ever find an answer to the problem? - i just got a new computer and had the same thing happen to me.
Richard D. Evans
Occasional Contributor

No, I have not been able to solve this problem.

Nobody seems to know how top solve this problem. I still hold my CD until I'm told how to fix it, or simply just throw it away.
Melissa Brown

I have the same problem. Mine was the result of having a Phillips CD-RW and then it quit. When I tried to read it in the new Cd-RW it changed to a UDFREADER. The only info I can get from the cd using "properties" is that it needs a UDFREADER, file sys: CDFS, udfrinst.,created 1-19-01. I have lots and lots of stuff stored on this disk from my pc and can not read it at all. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS IS FIGURED OUT. =O) THANKS. Melissa