3247 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Multi Ports to Common Port

Tom_RTC
Collector

HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Multi Ports to Common Port

Hello,

I currently have a system whereby there is an unmanaged switch with 5 PC's and a server connected to it.

My customer has had issues with people using these PC's to cross interact (PC to PC) and its causing issues.

I have been advised to get a HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1820 to able to control this, but I cant seem to find the right functionality for what I need to do.

I need to be able to let each PC communicate with only the server on the network (on port 24), and not with any other PC / Device connected to any other port.

Each PC is on its own port, so for example if i were to do a network browse on PC1 it would only find the shared files on the server and not the shared files on PC's 2-5.

I have looked at VLANs and the only way I can have multiple VLANS on the same port (port24) is to have them as Tagged, but then my DHCP isnt coming through and I cannot see any shared files.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Multi Ports to Common Port

Hello @Tom_RTC 

HPE Networking forum has moved. For HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query in the Aruba Airheads Community using the link below:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion

You can refer to the below link aswell for more details:

HPE Networking forum migration to Aruba Airheads c... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png