1648 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PCM+ 3.20. Problem to see Event and SQL error

jc_paris
Occasional Contributor

PCM+ 3.20. Problem to see Event and SQL error

Hi

Since yesterday, I can't see events in PCM + and I have a SQL error (see attachment). I can not also do the backup with the "policy manager" of PCM.

How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Anders_Jensen
Occasional Visitor

Hi I got the same error.

it not antivirus or MySQL

any idea ???

"

10/27/2011 14:35:24 - ProCurve Manager is unable to correctly process received events or traps.

Received SNMP traps/events are failing to be recorded in the ProCurve Manager database.  The received events are retained in temporary text files until such time as the database condition can be repaired.
The ProCurve Manager database condition MUST be resolved to allow for correct processing of SNMP traps/events.

This problem is most likely caused by:
+ ProCurve Manager and Security Software (Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware) attempting to access the MySQL database files at the same time.
+ External backup tools / operations locking the MySQL database files while ProCurve Manager is attempting to write to them.

To fix this problem, follow these steps:
+ Verify that the Security Software is configured to NOT actively monitor the MySQL database files.
+ Ensure external backup tools are configured to not backup the MySQL database files.
+   MySQL database files location:  PNM/server/mysql/data/netmgmt

Resolution Steps:
+  Close the ProCurve Manager Client
+  Stop the HP ProCurve Network Manager Server service
+  Stop the HP ProCurve Datastore service
+  Reconfigure the Security Software / Backup Software to ignore the MySQL database directory
+  Start the HP ProCurve Datastore service
+  Start the HP ProCurve Network Manager Server service

Temporary event/trap data files will accumulate while the ProCurve Manager database is unable to process the received events.  There could exist a large number of these files within the PNM/server/data/events/CommonArchive directory.  Upon resolution of the ProCurve Manager database condition, ProCurve Manager will process these files, and retain the data in the database.

If this error condition persists, please contact HP Network Support

SQL Exception
Table '.\netmgmt\networkevent' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

"

svbritt
Regular Visitor

Greetings,

You have a corrupted table in the PCM+ database.  You should contact HP Support - they have a utility that can be run on the database to correct this issue.  I have heard from other customers that they have opened a call and had PCM+ up and running in the span of a few hours.

Regards,

SVB

Patrick R
Frequent Advisor

Before you contact the support,the following data is also required. 

Stop all PCM services And zip/collect the following 2 folders
* “Program Files\PNM\server\MYSQL”
* “Program Files\PNM\server\confi

And then contact the support, the files in those folders will be repaired. 

jc_paris
Occasional Contributor