1758329 Members
2012 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: bluescreen when building windows on dl380 g5 using rdp6.8

robwest
Occasional Contributor

bluescreen when building windows on dl380 g5 using rdp6.8

Updated psp on rdp server to latest 7.70A.

Got bluescreen during the installing psp phase of the std image w2003 job(see screenshot attached).

Builds fine from smart start cd (7.70A) though.

Do I have to update the firmware folder also as I expect I am missing a driver somewhere?

2 REPLIES 2
Werner Godaert

Hi Rob,
I'm encountering the problem as well from time to time. The issue however is that it's not consistent across the line and it only happens in entreprise versions of W2003. I read a similar article on the forum where it was explained as an Raid Controller issue. It was stated in the article that the problem ocurred with Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1 slipstreamed and new gen RAID controllers. Do you use a slipstreamed version of Windows 2003 SP1? The recommendation was to use the original Microsoft CD. I use it and still have the issue from time to time. When I have the blue screen, I reboot the server and the job just continues.

Werner
robwest
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I am building from an out of the box RDP deployment and I am pretty sure that is just vanilla 2003 std edition. Unfortunately the deployment job doesn't continue when I reboot the server.

Rgds

Rob West