1759410 Members
2962 Online
108882 Solutions
New Discussion

PSP 8.50 x64 fails to update components

Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

PSP 8.50 x64 fails to update components

I've run the PSP 8.50 support pack on a ProLiant DL385 G2 running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition Service Pack 2 and received the following information in the cqpsetup.log files. Note that I ran the support pack at the server console as a local host. Also this server is running Exchange 2007 in case that matters.

====== HP Smart Update Manager Installation Log ======

cp010920.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp011325.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp011797.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp011817.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012120.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012138.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012443.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012330.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012453.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012541.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012575.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012588.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012674.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012677.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012716.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012718.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components
cp012903.exe: Component has been canceled as result of failure of previous component and possible broken dependecies between components===========================================================================
Source: cp012138.exe
Version: 6.1.0.102
Log Date: 8/25/2010 9:05:28

Log Session Start...

Executing setup utility - smhsetup.exe...

Setup utility completed.

Log Session End. [9:06:03]
Return Code (1)
===========================================================================

Has anyone see this issue before and found a solution. I see no errors in any of the Windows event logs. I have attached the bundle XML file in case it may be helpful.

Any and all help is appreicated.
1 REPLY 1
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Re: PSP 8.50 x64 fails to update components

With nothing else to loose I took the advice of my team lead and ran bp000765.cmd which forced all of the service pack software to the machine. It worked with no ill effects.