108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP / PXE boot Failed/Invalid Drive Specification,Unable to Map Drive

oliviey
Occasional Contributor

RDP / PXE boot Failed/Invalid Drive Specification,Unable to Map Drive

Upgraded RDP from 2.1 to 2.2 .
After upgrading unable to Deploy on the Target Server,

DL380 Win 2k Sp1 thats the deployement server.
DL360 is the target Server that fails to complete PXE boot.
Getting a Error Message Invalid Password.
Invalid drive Specification
unable to Map drive.
Also attached the screen Shots
4 REPLIES 4
Marcel Jussen

Re: RDP / PXE boot Failed/Invalid Drive Specification,Unable to Map Drive

Seems obvious to check the share permissions of the eXpress share on your RDP server. Also check which account is used for RDP deployments. Does this account have sufficient rights to the eXpress share? By default the eXpress share is created with Everyone/Full controll permissions.
Also check if the deployment account must change it's password on next logon. If it does obviously none of your scripts will run.

Cheers,
Marcel Jussen
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
I guess the two screenshots are describing two different types of errors. The first being PXE server cannot find your mapped drive.
From your second sreenshot it seems that PXE server finally finds your mapped drive but does not have right credentials to access it. Have I understood you correctly?

So your problem seems more to be not an invalid drive specification but access credentials. What I would do I try and access the share from a different machine and see what credentials successfully acess the share.
Kris Walraevens_1

Problem solved after enabling "create an entry in the LMHOSTS file for the deployment server file store" - Step 7 of the altiris boot disk creator process.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor