3222 Online
108876 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BIOS/iLO Upgrade Path for ProLiant Dl360 Gen10

brando2
Frequent Visitor

BIOS/iLO Upgrade Path for ProLiant Dl360 Gen10

Hello,

Is there a supported upgrade path for the System ROM/BIOS and iLO?

We have a few servers running BIOS version 2.04 and iLO 5 version 1.40.

Based on different posts on this forum I have found release notes stating to upgrade older iLO versions to at least 1.48 before going to a newer version. Is that still the recommended path if using the SPP?

Has anyone in the community upgraded an older version like this before and what was the outcome?

Release Notes stating 1.48 was necessary before upgrading iLO to a newer version: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00002959en_us&page=GUID-CAF44A83-B4D5-4BD5-864F-2D8A9B0311B8.html

Post recommending an incremental path: https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/ilo-5-firmware-jump-upgrade/td-p/7193585

We also opened a support ticket and the recommended path was to increment two versions at a time for both the BIOS and iLO.  

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: BIOS/iLO Upgrade Path for ProLiant Dl360 Gen10

Hi @brando2 , 
    I would recommend to mount and run the Latest version of SPP for Gen10.  It will update all the firmwares and softwares to the latest compatible version in a single instance.
You can also update iLO 5 firmware and System ROM  Separately.

Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

brando2
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @shiva_jr. Is upgrading from the latest SPP more risky than doing smaller jumps in BIOS/iLO updates?

Mr_Techie
Frequent Advisor

@brando2 

Upgrading from the latest Service Pack for ProLiant  is generally considered less risky compared to performing smaller.