ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755799 Members
4457 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bios missing RAID Controller in boot order after reboot

tweeternh

Bios missing RAID Controller in boot order after reboot

Have already replaced the MB. Proliant ML150 G5 with a RDX drive. Every so often the internal RADI card goes missing from the Hard Drive section of the BIOS and causes the server to not find any bootable devices. The fix has been to go back into the BIOS and put the RAID card back in as a Hard drive device in the Bios. I have the boot order as CD/DVD, Hard Drive, Network (and the RAID card is the only device in the Hard Drive list.

Anyone encountered this before? I did have the latest ROM installed on the original board and have just installed the latest (July 2009) onto the new board. I am wondering if the RDX drive is causing issues if the server is rebooted with our without a cartridge in it (have to test this) In today's episode, the RDX cartridge was ejected.

Thanks,

Peter
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

What FW do you have on this machine. FWCD 8.5?
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary, is that little extra.
tweeternh

There isn't a single firmware cd that supports the server (at least according the FWCD 8.5 page or the ml150 download pages.) I have updated the server the ones that are listed on the download pages for the ML150 - Server 2008 x64, 2008 SBS, 2008 EB.

Regards,

Peter