1758523 Members
1865 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot Read Network Adapter

DQ07
Occasional Visitor

Cannot Read Network Adapter

I am working on a ProLiant DL380 Gen11, Firmware 1.57 using HPEilocmdlets 4.3.0.0 and Powershell version 5.1.  When I run the command Get-HpeiloNicInfo I only receive output for the EthernetInterface.  the NetworkAdapter output is blank.  I need to retrieve the MAC address for the network adapter.

$nic = Get-hpeiloNICInfo -conneciton $iloconnection2024-03-28_08-19-43Nic.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
GM_M
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot Read Network Adapter

Hi DQ07 ,

Could you please try to use the following command Get-NetAdapter in powershell to retrieve Network Adapter.

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to "RESTful Interface Tool User Guide" and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Greeshma21
HPE Pro

Hi @DQ07 

You can use this command getmac /v to retrieve the MAC address for the network adapter.
It is also possible to determine the MAC address of a NIC with the ipconfig /all command.

Regards,
Greeshma

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DSteff
Visitor

Hi @DQ07 ,

with the cmdlet "Get-hpeiloNICInfo," there are occasional issues with retrieving the MAC address. Please try using "ilorest.exe" in PowerShell as follows (or manually with ilorest):
$iloRestExe = 'C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\RESTful Interface Tool\ilorest.exe'
$r = & "$iloRestExe" list Name "PhysicalPorts/MacAddress" --selector=NetworkAdapter --url $iloIP --logout -u $iloAdministrator -p $ilopassword -j
$r = $r | select -skip 1 | select -skiplast 2 | ConvertFrom-Json
$mac = $r.PhysicalPorts[0].MacAddress -replace(":","")

Certainly, you can also try it like this:
$sharedNic = Get-HPEiLOIPv4NetworkSetting -Connection $iloConnection -InterfaceType Shared -WarningAction SilentlyContinue
$dedicatedIloNic = Get-HPEiLOIPv4NetworkSetting -Connection $iloConnection -InterfaceType Dedicated -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

best regards Dietmar