2120 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G7 Suse Linux Enterprise server 10 installing HP support pack

JamieClarke
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G7 Suse Linux Enterprise server 10 installing HP support pack

Hi all,

I`m new to Suse Linux (SLES10sp4 OES2sp3) and would appreciate help in installing the latest HP support pack for my DL380G7 server.

I have run the hp smart update manager (downloaded support pack from website) only to be told that the:

Tools to build source rpms are unavailable on this system.

kernel-source rpm package

/usr/bin/gcc tool

I have read that there are dependencies on these for rebuilding the NIC drivers and iSCSI.

Plus I have tried to install the SCSI updates eg U320, Smart Array Controller drivers and these have failed due to the server having an updated kernal higher then that supported by the rpm`s I have (2.6.16.60-0.93.1) highest supported by the hp pack is *-0.85.1

What does one do when all this happens - seem a pain

and  where do I get these missing build files?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
JamieClarke
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 G7 Suse Linux Enterprise server 10 installing HP support pack

I ended up installing via yast the required modules, thanks for the reply in a novell forum.

But I still have the dilemma of not being able to install the Array Controller drivers due to the kernel version I am running not being supported.....the rpm packages supplied by HP are for an earlier kernel version.  How do I get around this.

Any replies appreciated.

epretorious
Regular Advisor

Re: DL380 G7 Suse Linux Enterprise server 10 installing HP support pack

@JamieClarke wrote:

I ended up installing via yast the required modules, thanks for the reply in a novell forum.

Hey, Jamie:

Would you mind linking to the post in the Novell forum (for other's benefit and for posterity)?

TIA,

Eric Pretorious