1760587 Members
3467 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 Gen11: Extension cable to connect Smart Storage Battery to system board

ag_itworks
Occasional Contributor

DL380 Gen11: Extension cable to connect Smart Storage Battery to system board

We try to connect the Smart Storage Battery (P01366-B21) to the system board of a Proliant DL380 Gen11 Server.

According to the cabling guide you need an extension cable (P45618-001). This part number can't be found beside the cabling guide.

Where does one get this cable?

2 REPLIES 2
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 Gen11: Extension cable to connect Smart Storage Battery to system board

Hi @ag_itworks ,

I believe the cable can be procured along with below mentioned battery with cable kit. 
     Refer the quickspecs page number 1 and cabling diagram and contact HPE Support team.
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ag_itworks
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL380 Gen11: Extension cable to connect Smart Storage Battery to system board

HPE Support says you need this extension cable

P56488-001

SPS-CA kit,extn cbl to MLB,serial cbl

Not much information can be found about that cable too. But we will try and see if we can order it.

Gen11 Servers seem to be a little weird regarding parts and cables you need to assemble simple standard components.

Same with the HPE NS204i-u Gen11 Boot device where you have to order an extra kit to mount and cable the device to the Server.

I'm curious what comes next.