3358 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380e fan speed questions

highwaymike
Occasional Contributor

DL380e fan speed questions

Hi all, 

Noob here, have been in IT support for years but new to this level of server. Have a DL380e w/ P420, firmware 4.68, ~88°C, 4 NETAPP X412_HVIPC560A15 drives, all around 30-35°C. Fans will randomly spin up to crazy noisy speeds for 5-10 secs (anywhere from once an hour to just a couple time a day), then settles back down to quiet. Have poked around using iLO (seems I need a subscription), and Insights, but am not making much headway in determining what is causing the fan issue. Any pointers out there where to start to determine fan speeds & location of any thermal hot-spots? Server has been in place for about 6 months, issue started about two months ago, seemingly for no reason. Current instal has it loafing, CPU utilization is usually less than 5%. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Harsh_b
HPE Pro

Re: DL380e fan speed questions

Hello Noob, 

fan speed spin up could be due to multiple cause ie temperature issue or old fw etc

i would suggest to update the server using the latest supported SPP (driver and fw) and monitor the setup if same issue then please log a support case for further analysis. Please provide the latest AHS logs for diagnsotics purpose

Thanks

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
highwaymike
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My understanding is that access to a current SSP is subscription-based. Is that correct?

Mike

highwaymike
Occasional Contributor

Regarding AHS, I can connect using iLO console, but I'm not seeing any of the options you refer to. The bottom right corner does show a yellow light. A mouse-over shows "Health LED - Caution". 

highwaymike
Occasional Contributor

hello, 

our busy season is finishing up, time for me to readress some questions on our dl380e. is there a way to see the individual fan speed info for the (6) system fans in a G8 dl380e?

thanks in advance, 

mike