3534 Online
108879 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant dL360 Gen9 stuck in POST

leof22
Frequent Visitor

HP Proliant dL360 Gen9 stuck in POST

Hello,
I have updated the ILO to the latest version 2.83. I downloaded the image from the HP website (checksum was OK) and flashed it onto a USB using the HP tool. There were no problems with the installation.
At the next restart the server hangs in POST - see this image. A Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts the server. But he never gets anywhere...

I then also reset the NVram. But that didn't help either. Finally, I removed all hardware components that were not required (RAID controller and network card).

I can still access the server via the ILO, but there is a green tick next to health status. Otherwise there are no indications of errors.

Does somebody still have an idea?

Thank you and best regards
Leo

9 REPLIES 9
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP Proliant dL360 Gen9 stuck in POST - Prolaint server - dL360 Gen9

System recommended content:

1. HPE Integrated Lights-Out 4 (iLO 4) - UI Displays "Agentless Management service not available" Message on Software UI Page After VMWare ESXi Upgrade

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

As you have done most of the troubleshooting, here is what you can try some more.
Please refer to the guides here:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c04444029
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c04443553

Please remove any external devices which are not required for boot except Keyboard.
Remove any external USB devices also.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

kevimax
Advisor

Hi!

How did you carry out your update?
Intelligent provisioning like here? :

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/proliant-dl380-gen-9-starting-drivers-please-wait/td-p/7196792

my gen9s are also stuck in post, but it seems that this is a result of the firmware update of the integrated network card

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can try a complete power drain of the server first.

Try the minimum configuration to isolate the faulty part if any.. use 1 DIMM 1 Processor to start with.. No extra devices just to check if this completes POST.

You may also try to disconnect the backplane cables and test.

Thanks,
TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

leof22
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
Thanks for all your tips. Unfortunately nothing has helped so far. However, the ideas in this thread sound promising:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/proliant-dl380-gen-9-starting-drivers-please-wait/td-p/7196792/page/2

I'll report here whether it worked.

Tam92
HPE Pro

Sure.. Thanks

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

leof22
Frequent Visitor

@Tam92 

Hi...

I've tried a lot of things now:

• Change the power settings in the iLO (Static High Performance Mode, Low Performance, etc.)
  • Change the one-time boot status in ilO (intelligent provisioning)
  • Remove and remove all unnecessary devices (RAID, network, etc.)

Unfortunately it always gets stuck in POST with the post code 0711.

Does anyone else have an idea? Otherwise I have to call customer service. Unfortunately we have had a new HP server since the summer and no longer have a service license for the old one ;-(

Best regards
Leo

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

I think logging a case with HPE support would be a better option here as we have exhausted almost all the troubleshooting steps.

A complete log analysis should be done to identify the cause.

Thanks,
TAM

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

kevimax
Advisor