New Discussion

HP Proliant DL380 Gen 10 Memory Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Antonio_UCDB
Visitor

HP Proliant DL380 Gen 10 Memory Configuration

Hi.

I have an HP Proliant DL380 GEN 10 server, I had to do a recent memory upgrade.

All Memory is DRR4 2666v ecc RB2 11

memory settings: 32gb dual rank in slots 1, 3, 5 and 8, 10, 12. But in the BIOS it appears that there are 192GB (usable 160GB). Why that?

7 REPLIES 7
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP Proliant DL380 Gen 10 Memory Configuration

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus Server User Guide | HPE Trusted Platform Module 2.0 Gen10 Plus option

2. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus Server User Guide | Installing and enabling the HPE TPM 2.0 Gen10 Plus option

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

pchops
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DL380 Gen 10 Memory Configuration

It would appear that one of the DIMMs is being mapped out for some reason, despite being physically detected. I would start by logging into the iLO and looking at the memory information to find the DIMM that has the issue. You might also check the IML (Integrated Management Log) for any related entries.

See these sections in the "HPE iLO 5 2.72 User Guide":

I work for HPE
Antonio_UCDB
Visitor

I checked the bios via ILO and the same message appeared. does not show the do because it is allocated only 160gb. I ran the memory remap. It didn't work either.

pchops
HPE Pro

The Physical Memory Details should hopefully give you an idea as to which DIMM slot has the issue. Would you be able to post a screenshot of said page, as well as the related IML entries?

I work for HPE
Mayrink
Advisor

I had similar issues happening on one of my servers and I would recommend you raising a Support ticket with HPE, we ended up replacing the system motherboard and then the memory as well.

They might be able to assist you on this, my issue was exactly that as well and in the end seems to be a faulty ram. 

Tech Savvy and Hardware enthusiast
Antonio_UCDB
Visitor

all memory banks have these same memories.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-23 at 12.58.00.jpeg

pchops
HPE Pro
Solution

@Antonio_UCDB -- thanks for posting the pic. Apologies if I was unclear, but I was actually looking for the Physical Memory Details *page* from the iLO GUI -- for example:

DIMM-0.png

The above example should be similar to your situation -- that is, the system detects all of the memory, 384GB in this case, but because one of the DIMMs has been mapped out due to an error during POST, only 352GB is available for use:

DIMM-1.png

Also, if possible, would you be able to post any related entries from the Integrated Management Log? -- ie:

DIMM-2.png

Hope this makes sense.

I work for HPE