2536 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G6 in esxi

Albertobhp
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant ML350 G6 in esxi

i ask for advice for new server in esxi4
the server for this funcion is an ML350 G6 with 2 process , 18 gb ram and 2 sas disk 300 gb in raid 1
the vm inside are 2 windows 2008 r2 1 for remote desktop server 1 for file and print server
the client connect are 35 ( 15 local , 20 in remote througt hardwae vpn and remote desktop)
is this hardware enough ?

are ( from esxi driver of this server) any configurable alert if a disk raid member is down ?

thanks Alberto
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, your server is good enough, possible bottleneck is storage (if your users are very IO hungry).

about alerts - it is strange but I wan not able to monitor disk subsystem in hardware tab on any HP server. It works automatically on Dell servers, not on HP, so this could be issue.

Jan
Nick Walton
Frequent Advisor

Re the previous comment about monitoring of disk subsystem by vSphere client program: this is not an issue for us on ML350G6. We made sure to install the HP custom version of ESXi 4.0 and the Health monitoring is just there on the Configuration tab. I am not so sure that this is the case if you just install the latest ESXi 4.1 direct from VMware. Perhaps others can comment on this. Using the HP custom ESXi 4.0 worked for us.

Your concerns have been an issue for us with an older ML350G5 running ESXi 3.5. Here we have no monitoring of the Health of the disk subsystem through the Configuration tab.

Hope that's of some assistance,

Nick.
It's got two chances - it will either work or it won't!
Albertobhp
Occasional Contributor

thaks for reply

there are not in this server ( external to esxi) any alert for indicate the state of fault of an disk raid member

thanks again Alberto