New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE DL120 G6 Bootlooping

SOLVED
Go to solution
WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

HPE DL120 G6 Bootlooping

Dear,

I have a HPE DL120 G6 and i have it been using for a while when in one of a sudden it was bootlooping. I have tried to disconnect things and resset cmos other ram but it wants to turn on but then it immediately turns off.

Any idea how o can fix this?

13 REPLIES 13
Mayrink
Advisor

Hi @WayLAN  is it bootlooping on OS load or before it? Does it Post, and can you see any post code errors?

Tech Savvy and Hardware enthusiast
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

From the description, it appears more to be an issue with cooling. Check if the fans are functional. Also see what is the status of the LEDs on the server's front panel when powering on with base configuration. You may refer to section "Status LED indicators > External LED indicators" on page 122 of the HPE ProLiant DL120 G6 Server's maintenance and service guide for the status description to isolate the issue.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

No post and no post code errors
WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

No no video post code error light nothing only bootloop
Mayrink
Advisor

Try reducing the hardware to a bareminimum like 1CPU, and 1 RAM on the primary slot. See if that will boot or show anything in the screen.

You might want to test it with both CPU's. I've done a NVRAM and a CMOS Clear on mine when I had similar issue

WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

Did everything just does the same I think the cpu is dead because without cpu block ot is not feeling warm it just keep cold i cant feel any heat from the cpum
Mayrink
Advisor

Do you have a second CPU to test it out or another server that you know it is working and could be used a test? Or if your device is still in warranty, open a case with HP.

WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

Yes but i can only do that tommorow so i wil try that
WayLAN
Occasional Advisor

Solution found!!!! CMOS battery was dead now its not working anymore