2127 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server RHEL8

Abeer1
Occasional Visitor

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server RHEL8

Hello,

I have two physical servers host RHEL8 lets name them (server1, server2).
Server1 has 4 physical disks configured on RAID1. The size of disk1 and disk2 together equal 800GB, and disk3 and disk4 equal 2TB.

Server2 has 2 physical disks configured on RAID1. The size of disk1 and disk2 together equal 800GB.

We need to remove two disks from server1 (which is 200TB) and then put them in server2.

First, I did lsblk to see is the disks that will be removed empty or not, it display sda,sdb,sdc,sde,sdf,sdg. why the total is 6 block devices? where I have only 4 hard drives?

anyways, I removed the two disks from server1 and put them to server2, after that I go to HPE iLO to remove the array that made of removed disks from server1 and to add new array to server2 with the new hard dive. The configuration for RAID in HPE ILO for both servers looks good.

but when I saved the changes and reboot the system the RHEL8 OS enter the emergency mode and there are a lot of logs related to the memory, something like mem [0009999999222222] reserved
mem [0333300000000] usable and more more of logs that I can't understand.

any one can guide me?

note: all thing is physical no vmware no virtual.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server RHEL8

System recommended content:

1. Compaq ProLiant Clusters for SCO UnixWare 7 U/300 Quick Install Guide for the Compaq ProLiant DL380

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server RHEL8

Hi,

NOTE: ItтАЩs important to keep data backup before performing this activity.
Data integrity is customer responsibility. HPE recommends having data backup frequently and before performing any activity so that it can be restored during disaster recovery.

Under iLO > System Information, or IML log, did you see any hardware related issues or failures?
If you believe its a Memory or any other hardware issue, please perform the diagnostics by referring to this document and this one.
I see that you have also posted in Red Hat Community.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server RHEL8

Hello @Abeer1,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo