1755960 Members
4540 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML115G5 Does not go to POST

Ivan Pintori

ML115G5 Does not go to POST

Hi all,
just checking if this is known issue. I have just got delivered a brand new ML115G5 with 512MB and 160GB HD.

I have turned it on, the green led comes alive, but there is no video signal, and the FANs remain at high speed. It doesn't even beep. Basically it does not post.

There is also a small led, can't make out the writting: too small, that starts flashing.

I tried to reset the CMOS, but nothing changes. I tried to move the RAM to other slots, same behavior. I tried to use other RAMs, no help.

Have I got a Dead on Arrival (I guess so :( )
4 REPLIES 4
Juans

Re: ML115G5 Does not go to POST

Have you tried minizing the server? I mean, if you have 2 processors, try the server with just one, remove all PCI cards and all the peripherals, just keep the basic components for the server to work.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Ivan,

>There is also a small led, can't make out the writting: too small, that starts flashing.

Where is this LED ?
Do you see any Amber LED on the system board ?
Will the server Beep without the DIMM ?
Try Disconnecting the HDD.

Seems like system board issue.

Regards.
Ivan Pintori

The system is as bare minimum as it is... no extra CPU or anything.

The led is on the left side, news the bottom. Just a little bit higher then the SATA connectors. It isn't the big green led of the MB that is documented in the documents.

And, well, no there is absolutely no beep. Just sits there.

I have called HP and they will replace the MB under the NBD service contract. I'll keep you updated on the little green led: if it's there it must means something!
HAM47
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was just wonderinig what you did to correct this problem you had with the ML115 g5. i have the same symptomes and nothing seems to work. I have 4 2tb SATA drives connected to an E200 SAC, which is fully supported according to the Quick Spec. Box just sits there with fans ramped up and will not post.