1754976 Members
3338 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem With a HP ProLiant ML115 G5 Server

Fernando_Luna

Problem With a HP ProLiant ML115 G5 Server

Server Details: Windows Server 2008, AMD Opteron Processor, 2GB DDR2 Memory

I need help, my Server ProLiant ML115 G5 Server, don´t start, when I turn it on the fans remain at 100% and the front power light turns on and stays solid green. But the board is a light that flashes heart_beat_led. I have no idea that it can be, I need help please.

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Problem With a HP ProLiant ML115 G5 Server

Reseat the server internal components such as memory modules, expansion cards, processor cooler assembly cable connection to the system board, the optical/hard drive cable connectors onto the drives and also on the ports on the system board and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, then clear CMOS. Section Diagnostic tools and Setup Utilities > Clear CMOS in the server’s maintenance and setup guide may be referred for steps to perform this activity. Click here to access the server’s maintenance and setup guide.

If the issue persists, then remove the processor cooler assembly, clean the processor cooler assembly and the top of the processor with alcohol swab and leave it to dry. Then apply fresh thermal grease and install the processor and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, then reduce the server to minimum configuration. Remove all expansion cards, optical and hard disk installing blanks in their place, leaving only known working identical memory modules in DIMM slots 1A and 2A check if the server power’s on.

If the issue persists, then if available try swapping with a spare processor. If the issue persists, then the issue might be with the system board as well. Contact HP Support by creating support case for further assistance. Click here for options to contact HP.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

radodraho

Re: Problem With a HP ProLiant ML115 G5 Server

Hello there,

I have very the same issue here. It is the same as you did describe. How did you fix that, please?

Can you share you experiences here, please?

Many thanks!