1754392 Members
2943 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Cache Module Status degraded

SimonS94
Occasional Collector

ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Cache Module Status degraded

I have a ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server with 2 Smart Array Controllers. A Smart Array P420i Controller on System Board and a Smart Array P420 Controller in Slot02.

A few weeks ago when I went to the iLO Page of the Server, the Cache Module of the System Board Array Controller said its Health was degraded, with the following message in the Integrated Management Log

POST Error: 1705-Slot X Drive Array - Please replace Cache Module Super-Cap. Caching will be enabled once Super-Cap has been replaced and charged.

I looked up what this means and I fount the following article, that suggested I need to replace the battery:

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/gen9/error/Advanced/Content/231565.htm

I did replace the battery, and also the Cache Module itself, However the Cache Modules status was still degraded after the replacement and a reboot. So after that my colleague updated the firmware of the server (however, I'm not sure exactly what firmware). The Firmware of both Smart Array Controllers is 8.32. Here's a picture of the whole firmware table of the server:

https://ibb.co/WBhsWSg 

Now, a few weeks later, I log in to iLO again to see if the issue resolved itself, and now I see that even the other Cache Modules Health is degraded!

Any idea how I can resolve this?

The iLO health also seems to be degraded, can those problems be linked to each other somehow? Here's the error text:

Embedded Flash/SD-CARD: Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure 

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Cache Module Status degraded

Hi,

Looks like you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps, as additional step, can you perform the following and reboot the server.

Update iLO4 FW to 2.77 or later.

Thank You!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo