1758588 Members
1795 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSA download for Windows 10

MikeHD
Occasional Advisor

SSA download for Windows 10

Is there a version which will run on a desktop OS? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
pchops
HPE Pro

Re: SSA download for Windows 10

@MikeHD wrote:

Is there a version which will run on a desktop OS? Thanks.

SSA will *run* on a desktop OS, but just be aware that "run" is the operative word here -- as far as I know, it is not *supported* on anything other than server operating systems.

That said, I run it on my Windows 10 system, albeit well knowing that it is not supported. To find the SSA download that *should* work for your particular configuration, browse to the HPE Support Center and in the "Search" box, enter in the model of your ProLiant, or the model of your Smart Array controller. For example, if you entered "P440" into the search box, you would select that model (the entry with the toolbox-looking icon) from the results, ie:

P440-product-selection.PNG

Then, click on the "Drivers and Software" tab and then click on the "Software" button. On the "Subtype" pull-down menu, select "System Management" and then on the "Operating Environment Type" pull-down menu, select "Microsoft", ie:

P440-product-selection-filtered.PNG

NOTE that you could further narrow down the results by making a selection on the "Operating Environment Subtype" pull-down menu, but in my experience, if the resulting SSA hits are compatible with Windows Server 2016 and/or Windows Server 2019, they *should* run on Windows 10.

I work for HPE
MikeHD
Occasional Advisor

Re: SSA download for Windows 10

Downloading various version of the SSA did not work. The same version runs just fine on server2016.

I found an older version of an installer called 'HPESSADU42170_X64.msi' that I had downloaded previously, and this installed on the Windows 10 platform.

It's a shame HP doesn't do a better job of providing information on this to their customers.