3045 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trying to get a raid controller working - HP Smart Array P410

ZariusC
Occasional Visitor

Trying to get a raid controller working - HP Smart Array P410

So, here's what I'm running in to:

The system it's plugged in to sees it and boots from it just fine. Which is actually something I *don't* want it to do, so I can't even get in to my OS to run the configuration software. Once it's in, it starts trying to initialize (it gets to five rotating asterisks) for about two minutes before the screen goes blank. No warnings that stuff broke, no "no boot device" type error messages.

It's being plugged in to a standard desktop computer, BIOS is Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6e 2.10.
Three SAS 3TB Seagate Constellation ES .2 drives hooked up to it at the moment, though it does the same with one, two, or zero connected.

If the answer is simply that "this model physically will not run on a non-HP system", that's fine, I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong (other than that) or if there's something I can do to get this running.

2 REPLIES 2
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to get a raid controller working - HP Smart Array P410

Hello ZariusC ,

This controller is tested with HPE servers and in my opinion it may not function as expected.

Unfortunately I could not find any relevant documents/troubleshooting steps with your configuration.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to get a raid controller working - HP Smart Array P410

Hello,

The HP Smart Array P410 controller was designed and tested on HP server, which means, the BIOS is able to detect the card and is able to provide the full functionality of this controller. 

You may try to use the HP ProLiant Offline Array Configuration Utility, to configure the controller. As I have not come across the card installed on third party servers and perform this activity, I am not sure this will be solution for it.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo