ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754375 Members
3021 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to mount the install media. Installation halted. Press 'R' to reboot system,

jugurtha114
Regular Visitor

Unable to mount the install media. Installation halted. Press 'R' to reboot system,

Subject: Assistance Required with Intelligent Provisioning Update on ProLiant ML350 Gen11

Body:

Dear HPE Support,

I am experiencing an issue with updating Intelligent Provisioning on my HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen11 server. During the update process, the system failed to mount the installation media, and the update was halted. I am seeking assistance to resolve this problem and successfully complete the update.

Server Details:

• Product Name: ProLiant ML350 Gen11
  • System ROM: U54 v2.12 (12/13/2023)
  • System ROM Date: 12/13/2023
  • Redundant System ROM: U54 v1.44 (07/31/2023)
  • Product ID: P53569-421

iLO Configuration:

• iLO IP Address: 192.168.114.114
  • iLO Firmware Version: 1.57 (Feb 27, 2024)
  • iLO Date/Time: Sat Mar 9 19:47:36 2024
  • License Type: iLO Standard

Issue Summary: The error message displayed was "Unable to mount the install media. Installation halted." This occurred while attempting to update to Intelligent Provisioning version 4.31.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. Verified the installation media for integrity and correct creation.
  2. Confirmed that the Intelligent Provisioning version is compatible with my server.
  3. Checked the serverтАЩs boot order settings to ensure the system is set to boot from the installation media.
  4. Rebooted the server multiple times in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  5. Ensured that the server's firmware is up to date prior to the Intelligent Provisioning update attempt.

Encountered Issues:

• The Intelligent Provisioning update process does not progress due to the inability to mount the installation media.

Attachments:

• I have included a screenshot of the error for your reference.

I am requesting your guidance and support to successfully update Intelligent Provisioning on my server. If there are any further details you require or additional steps I should undertake, please let me know.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

9 REPLIES 9
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to mount the install media. Installation halted. Press 'R' to reboot system,

Hello,

Assuming that the installation is attempted using the iLO Virtual Media, it is suggested to perform "iLO reboot (reset)" and see if you are able to update Intelligent Provisioning.

Also, it would be recommended to download the installation media once again "Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen11".

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

jugurtha114
Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to mount the install media. Installation halted. Press 'R' to reboot system,

i will try it today & update u, thank you for you answer!

jugurtha114
Regular Visitor

@TVVJ i doesn't work.

Abdelaziz_mks

Hello there,
Im working on a HP DL380, and i have the same issue
did you find a way to fix it?
if so, please answer me

CurtisMartell
Occasional Advisor

Same problem ML110 Gen11. IP is completely broken. Can't configure RAID Can't install Windows Server. Have to call support I guess. 

jugurtha114
Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, I tried to downgrade to all available IP iso, I tried to
upgrade version by version according to their release date, but nothing
works.

Please let me know if you find solution for this issue.

Regards
jugurtha114
Regular Visitor

This is so bad

Did you contact the hpe support team? I couldn't open a ticket about it.
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

At this stage, it would be recommended to log a support case at HPE Support Center.

While doing so, please document each step performed and the output of each step to help the support engineer to assist you.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

CurtisMartell
Occasional Advisor

I fixed this by reinstalling Intelligent Provisioning 4.31. 

1. Download IP 4.31 ISO (HP credentials required )

2. Apply for a free 90day trial of iLo license, activate license

3. Use ilo to Mount the ISO on your PC to the iLo

4 Change Boot Order to Move the iLo Virtual USB to the top

5. Reboot and reinstall IP 4.31

Then I got out of the update loop and  could configure my array. Still have not installed the OS yet.