1755700 Members
3660 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Virtual LUN

CA1084168

Compaq Virtual LUN

After restoring a Windows 2000 server to a Proliant ML330 G3 I keep seeing a "New Hardware Found" message box pop up about every second. The new hardware found is "Compaq Virtual LUN" I have not found anything on the server that is not functioning, all devices are indicating that they are configured properly. I have a Smart array 641 SCSI controller installed, but it seems to be working just fine. I can't find a reference to the Compaq Virtual LUN anywhere and am looking for ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
CA467151
Valued Contributor

Re: Compaq Virtual LUN

Updating to the latest Proliant Support Pack should make this problem go away. The update is here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18416.html

Let us know if this fixes the issue. If not, why was a restore done, and how? Any new hardware added?
It just doesn't get any better then this
CA1084168

Sorry for the delayed response - I did apply the latest support pack and it did resolve the issue. The restore was to accomplish a hardware migration of a Domain Controller from a non-band controller to the compaq ml 330. I used the native NT Backup to accomplish the job.

Thanks for the assistance
Adam Bailey

Hi,

I have a compaq ML370 G3, have applied latest firmware and BIOS updates and the latest proliant support pack but get this same error. First however, I get Found new hardware - "Base System Device" after clicking ignore (because the drivers dont exist on the smartstart CD, windows update or anywhere else), I then get - new hardware found is "Compaq Virtual LUN" continually and a stack of error messages in the event viewer event ID 24685.

My adapter is 6400 and I too have upgraded from alternate hardware.

Thanks
CA467151
Valued Contributor

I would recommend emailing Proliant support at nacmsupport@hp.com (put "Proliant" in the the subject line). Include your survey file from C:\compaq\survey.txt
It just doesn't get any better then this
Adam Bailey

Thanks Terry,

Will try this.