1754321 Members
3095 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

DCG_Syd
Occasional Collector

HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L running Windows Home Server 2011 no longer connects to the network and, upon running diagnostics systems reports that no network cble is plugged in.  Plugging in alterantive cable that work on other devices does not resolve the problem which appeared on 17/02/2023 after operating with no issues on 15/02/2023 when two updates (malicious software removal tool & Security intelligence update) were downloaded automatically and installed.

Network card is Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet x64.

Anny sugestions on how to resolve the issue please? 

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant MicroServer Maintenance and Service Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

DCG_Syd
Occasional Collector

Re: Query: HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

Thanks .  Unfortunately that link gives this reply:

"The service or information you requested is not available at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this issue. Please try again later."

Sunitha_Mod

Re: Query: HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

Hello @DCG_Syd

Thank you for writing to us! We have checked the above link and it is working fine. Could you please check again and let us know if you still facing the same error? 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N40L no longer connects to the network

Hi,

As you mentioned, (Plugging in alterantive cable that work on other devices does not resolve the problem which appeared on 17/02/2023 after operating with no issues on 15/02/2023 when two updates (malicious software removal tool & Security intelligence update) were downloaded automatically and installed.)

Here I think either the problem is with physical NIC Port itself or some updates that happened recently.

Try with a different network card if its PCIe or you may need to restore windows to previous date when the NIC was working.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo