ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1756538 Members
2179 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant Microserver G8 don`t wake on lan until unplug and plug the power cord

enrgarc
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant Microserver G8 don`t wake on lan until unplug and plug the power cord

I have a problem with my new HP Proliant Microserver G8

I can`t WOL it until unplug and plug the power cord.

If I shutdown my server and try to wake it by WOL, it doesn`t work, BUT If I unplug, wait and plug the power cord, when I send WOL then It works.

The WOL is active on de BIOS Settings and the server has the "Service Pack for ProLiant 2016.10.0" deployed

Please Help me!

Sorry for my poor english, I'm Spanish

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant Microserver G8 don`t wake on lan until unplug and plug the power cord

I've never down much with WOL so I don't have a good answer there.  As an alternative, just access the iLO and power the system on.

You could even use some of the iLO tools to have a script send a command to power the system on via iLO

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
enrgarc
Occasional Visitor

I want send wol signal from a raspberryPi whitout gui, the console web browser Lynx don`t accept frames and the iLO web is made with frames.

How can I send a power up signal via iLO with a script?

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

you can either SSH into iLO and use the SMASH 'power' commands 

POWER  : The power command is used to change the power state of the server and is limited to users with the Power and Reset privilege
Usage:
  power          -- Displays the current server power state
  power on       -- Turns the server on
  power off      -- Turns the server off
  power off hard -- Force the server off using press and hold
  power reset    -- Reset the server

Another option is to use HP Lights-Out XML PERL Scripting Samples for Linux to send remote commands http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_1ae80882217a4cb6b03bdb61fc

enrgarc
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, I will try that

However I'd would like to know why doesn't work WOL 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

As I stated in my original post, I've never done much with WOL.  I did download and try a few windows clients. None worked on my work PC, I'm guessing the firewall package IT runs prevents the WOL packet.  I ran the WOL client from a PC with a basic Windows installation without the IT extras and the program woke up the MicroServer as expected.  The only change I had to make in the program was to make sure it sent the packet on the broadcast IP

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html is the tool I was using