1760061 Members
4154 Online
108889 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Microserver Gen10 PLUS display port problems

DanielKRudolf
Collector

HPE Microserver Gen10 PLUS display port problems

I just bought HPE Microserver Gen10 Plus and I have problem with working on DP. At first it even did not work on DP until I found driver for gpu in hpe site (matrox something like that) install it, then it start work from DP. But when I reboot or start server from DP, it boots from DP (i see boot screen) then i blacks out, my monitor even turn off, until I unplug and plug again my DP cable. How to fix this problem.

I use windows server 19.
6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Microserver Gen10 PLUS display port problems

Hi,

The display port in this server does not support passive type adapters. Passive adapters are marked with theDP++ symbol. To ensure proper video display when connecting an HDMI or DVI display to the display port, useonly active type adapters.
Ref: MicroServer Gen10 Plus User Guide, page#9

Matrox G200eH3 Video Controller Driver for Microsoft Windows 64-bit

Have you tried with a different monitor, just to check if the issue is not with the monitor.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the Post.

This looks like Driver issue or the Adapter issue.

Would request you to use the Active type Adapters and also use the latest Graphics Driver and test it.
Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

DanielKRudolf
Collector

Hi,

Thank you for help, ok first about Matrox G200eH3 Video Controller Driver for Microsoft Windows 64-bit I already tried with this driver (I have installed Windows Server 2019 Standard - updated!) but problem is still there, at first resolution (at first install of driver) 1920x1080  but after restart of server, resolution was 1600├Ч900 and in Windows I did not have option to choose 1920x1080. But, does it not this server with Intel Pentium Gold G5420 come integrated graphic card (uhd 610) that support 4K ? Resolution 1920x1080 is not even close to that.

As cable DP++ Yes I have these cable, it is even worst, when restart server, it does not even show HPE boot menu. I try with normal DP cable (with no sign), a little better, it shows boot menu on restart, but not Windows log on, then I need to unplug cable and plug it again.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @DanielKRudolf ,

Is it possible to try installing Windows 2016 or any other version just to check or isolate if this is cos of OS.

Or you may try the below :

> Shutdown the Server, Plug in the DP cable and then plug  in the Cable in the Server end - check.

> Install OS using the VGA port and later switch to display port and check if it works as expected

Also refer the below Advosories : 
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00018202en_us
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00056172en_us

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

DanielKRudolf
Collector

Hi ksram,

Yes I have tried with various of Windows servers from 2016 to Win server
2022, even with Windows 10 and even 11 (very tired doing this), same
problem. About link that you have post (with drivers), this is for HPE MS
Gen10 (with AMD processor) not for Plus version (which have Intel
processor). As for VGA yes, I had to use it to install OS, because without
installed OS, DP port not even worked. And with VGA resolution is
realy realy bad.

I am start to thinking that solded device is broken OR whole series of HPE
MS Proliant Gen10 Plus have same issue, as I researching deeply to
solve this problem, I see that other owners who want to use monitor with
this server have same problems

BR, Daniel

--
Daniel K. Rudolf, mag. dru┼╛b. inf.
ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @DanielKRudolf 

Thank you for sharing the details and sorry for the inconvenience.

I would request you to log Case with HPE Support as this may needs further deep troubleshooting and engage higher Level team if required.

Thank you
RamKS.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo