ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1755422 Members
3599 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue with ML150 G2 and 6-port SATA RAID Controller

CA1076024

Issue with ML150 G2 and 6-port SATA RAID Controller

I've just recently configured an HP ProLiant ML150 G2 server (366358-031) with the HP 6-port SATA RAID Controller (372953-B21), and two 160GB hot-swappable SATA drives (349238-B21), which have been configured in a RAID 1 (mirrored) array.

I note that the LEDs in both the hot-swappable drives, and also the disk activity LED in the ProLiant do not light up at all during operation. The LEDs on both the ProLiant and the hot-swappable drives only light up during the server's POST boot-up sequence.

I'm sure that this has something to do with the two SATA LED cables that were disconnected when the default SATA card was replaced with the 6-port SATA RAID controller. There does not appear to be any connectors on the SATA RAID card for any LED connectors. However, the I2C cable has been plugged in between the controller and the SATA back plane. I believe that the cable has been connected the correct way around, although it is difficult to tell as PIN1 on the SATA RAID card has not been identified.

The question is - how do I get the LEDs to operate correctly using the 6-port SATA RAID controller? Many thanks in advance for any advice!
2 REPLIES 2
CA1278296

Hi -

Did you get this resolved? I'm having a similar problem (with the exact same configuration) where the drive LEDs blink on an d off in sync in a specific sequence (no correlation with disk activity) and the server HD LED doesn't light either.

CA1067737