108869 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Win2k install on Proliant 2500

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1211990

Win2k install on Proliant 2500

Good day
I'm trying to find out how to create the diskette that you use when prompted for during Windows 2000 Setup - "Press F6 to specify additional SCSI adapters.." My server is a Proliant 2500 with an SMART Array-2/P Controller. I'm trying to do a fresh install.

Thanks in advance...
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Win2k install on Proliant 2500

Hi Scott,

if you're looking to install the Smart Array driver, you shouldn't need an extra driver. The Windows 2000 CD already has the required driver for the Smart Array 2/P (CPQARRAY.SYS)

Regards,
Stephen
CA1211990

Ok, I suspected that might be the case. So, now windows completes the install and reboots. Instead of loading windows I get this error message. "A disk read error occured. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot" I have four 9GB drives in the server. They are configured with RAID 1 and are seen by the server as 1 logical drive. Any idea why it can't boot into Windows?
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Scott,

could possibly be a bad sector on one of the disks. Do you have a SmartStart CD (5.50 or earlier) available? If so, can you boot from it and run Array Diagnostic Utility to check the disks/array? You could also use SmartStart to perform either an assisted or manual install of Windows. This would also create the F10 System Partition

If all else fails, try running a System Erase, either from SmartStart or downloading the System Erase Utility from the ProLiant support pages
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1113.html

After running the system erase you would have to recreate your array, too.

Regards,
Stephen