ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748236 Members
3610 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

Raul Pena

Unable to install Server 2008 on Proliant ML370G5

I have a HP Proliant ML370G5 server that I am running the HP Smartstart 8.0x64 software on. The server was configured in a Raid 5 using Smartstart.

During the installation using Smartstart, I'm prompted for the OS media source. I have the options for DVD, Network and USB Key. When I select DVD as the "operating system source type", the CD Image under "specify operating system source format" becomes unavailable, leaving Flat Files as the only option.

All appears normal to the point it ejects the SmartStart CD and prompts for the DVD media. I load the Server 2008 Std. DVD which then prompts me for the OS File Directoy. I have read several threads concerning this and have tried some of the work arounds that have worked for others, including simply clicking continue, manually typing in /mount/dvd/ (and /mount/dvd). Neither of these have worked for me. When I type in the mount command I receive an "Invalid entry:/mount/dvd/" error.

I have also tried Smartstart 8.25x64 with the same results.

When I boot directly to the Windows disc I get as far as a Window asking for driver installation before it will continue. I do not have a driver disc, but have downloaded them from the HP site and I am unable to get past this screen. I have not tried this option for a few days so I do not have a lot of details.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Who Me Too'd this topic