1752733 Members
5690 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

d8taslay3r
Occasional Contributor

VCRM invalid or not reachable from all VCA's

I am having an issue with the Version Control Repository Manager version 7.3. None of my Version Control Agents are able to communicate with it. When attempting to go through the VCA settings to save the new VCRM I get the message "The specified repository, servername.domainname.com, is invalid or not reachable."

This seems to have started happening after upgrading HP SIM and VCRM from 7.2 to 7.3 but I can't pinpoint the exact point in time that everything broke. Point is it used to work this way in the past and stopped.

HP SIM 7.3 and VCRM 7.3 are installed on the same 2008 R2 server. All the server agents can talk to HP SIM just fine. I am using username/password authentication for the VCA and I have verified the account has admin rights to the VCRM server OS.  I have tried using certificate authentication as well with the same resulting error message about the VCRM being invalid or unreachable.

To troubleshoot I even built a brand new server from scratch, installed HP SIM 7.3 and VCRM 7.3 (from scratch), and have the same issue.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? 

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Who Me Too'd this topic