2187 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

CPA-UK
Occasional Advisor

Never setup a Blade C7000 before...

Hi all...

First off I'm a total new boy to building a Blade, and I was wondering if anyone could just give me a quick hand up as to the very basics of this...?

What I have is a C7000 Blade, with 128GB RAM, 8 x BL460c Blades, 1 x Storage Blade, 3 x 1.2TB HDD's... I also have a copy of MS SERVER 2012 R2 DataCentre...

I need some dead simple help regarding how the various bit install and where...

My plan is to use the Storage Blade and the 3 x 1.2TB drives as a shared storage area and to boot the Blade from this..., and to have the Blades setup for each of my customers.., the bit I can't get my head round is how do all the various bits and in what order...

What has confused me is the inital setup of the Storage Blade and the first Blade...

My understanding is that you install VSA on the Storage Blade first...?, how exactly do you do this..?, and from where.., do you plug your first Blade in...?, and run the install from there..?

Then once you have the Storage Blade setup..., how do you setup your first Blade..?.., as I don't want any drives in the front of the Blade..., I want it to boot from the shared storage...

As you can tell, I have got my head in a complete knot with this..., I'm very familiar with setting up standalone Hyper-V servers with multiple VM's but never toched anything like this before..., and I just need someone to get me started with some dead simple instructions... I don't want to go in too deep just yet, but just the basics of what installs where etc..

I really would appricate some help...

Thanks in advance...

Who Me Too'd this topic