New Discussion юеВ

ILO version upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ayus
Occasional Contributor

ILO version upgrade

Hi Team.

My Current ILO version is ILO 5 2.31 and I want to upgrade it to latest version, So can I upgrade directly to latest version and Is there any dependency on server firmware version also?

3 REPLIES 3
Harshitha_K
HPE Pro

Re: ILO version upgrade

Hi @Ayus ,

Firstly, it is recommended to update the firmware to iLO 5 v2.78  (before upgrading to the latest version) by using the link here.

Since iLO 5 v2.78 is positioned to be the base version for future iLO5 upgrades considering that coming versions of iLO 5 binary files are expected to be larger than 32MB size. Previous versions of iLO 5 (prior to 2.78) will only accept 32 MB size binary files. This restriction has been removed in iLO 5 v2.78

Then, you  can directly upgrade from iLO 5 version 2.78 to latest version 3.02.
You can find the latest firmware here

For the other versions of iLO firmware, you may refer to the "Revision history" tab.

Thank you!

Hope this information has helped you, Please click on the "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon as a token of appreciation. Also, if this post has helped to solve your issue, consider marking this as an "Accepted Solution"

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Greeshma21
HPE Pro

Hi @Ayus 

From the 2.31 version, you can upgrade the v2.78. Since v2.78 is the base version for future versions released. So 

a) upgrade to v2.78
b) Later, you can upgrade it to the latest version 3.02 

Refer to this link for Revision History for the Online ROM Flash Firmware Package.
For more details, Refer to the iLO Quickspecs.

Regards,
Greeshma

Hope this information has helped you, Please click on the "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon as a token of appreciation. Also, if this post has helped to solve your issue, consider marking this as an "Accepted Solution".

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Greeshma21
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @Ayus 

Let us know if your concern has been addressed.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Regards,
Greeshma

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo