1758607 Members
2679 Online
108873 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Checking HTTP Server Status

David Cleaver
Occasional Contributor

Checking HTTP Server Status

I have jut installedInsight Manager on a Proliant ML370 server windows 2003 std server and when you open System insight manager it just gives you a window saying "checkingh HTTP server status" and counts away. Does anyone know how to get over this issue?

Thanks

Dave
8 REPLIES 8
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Can you share which version of HP SIM and WS03? What patches do you have installed?
Randy Elliott

I am having the same issue. Set up a new server yesterday running Windows 2003 Enterprise, SP1 and installed SIM4.2SP2.

Install said it went fine, but launching it only gives me the "chcking HTTP server status screen". No errors in Win Event Logs.
Paul Surratt
Occasional Advisor

Make sure you add the additional snmp for server 2003, usually just go to control panel, add/remove programs, add/remove windows components,management and monitoring tools.

i had the same problem you are having, mine was caused by the site proxy server changing then all that happend was the checking http status, if you logon through a workstation with internet access does it work ok ?? if so you might want to try changing the internet access settings on the SIM server
Sanjit Gill

I have exactly the same issue can someone help us with this I think it is to do with the connection to SQL database. I have tried rebooting restarting SQL and SIM services and checked for event logs but can't find anything.
Bjarni Sigur├░sson
Occasional Contributor

I had this problem and solved by bypassing proxy for local adressess on the LAN settings in my browser. Hope this helps.
Regards
Bjarni Sig
Jun Wu
Frequent Advisor

I had the some problem and solved by change the configuration of the web browser. go to the connections->LAN settings and check the automatically detect settings and it works.
Good luck
Jun
Jeff-Abell

What you have to do is use add/remove programs then goto add/remove windows componets, and then goto management and monitoring tools and then install the simple network management protocol. Once thats installed restart your HP SIM service and it should be fine! :) This board helped alot people mentioned SNTP Service, so I went and looked and sure enough it wasn't installed. I just checked after adding the service and the website is working!