1759465 Members
2854 Online
108883 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error Unsupported Configuration in PMP

dtmoraug
Occasional Advisor

Error Unsupported Configuration in PMP

We have licensed our bladeservers with Insight Control-licenses. When we try to run online analyzes in PMP we got the error message "Unsupported Configuration" on some servers. When looking in PMP Monitoring Administration Console we also see this message "Unreachable Licensed Servers : 8".
The servers that have problem with PMP is BL460c G1 and BL680C G5 servers. The servers where PMP works fine is BL460C G1 servers.
We run HP Insight Manager 5.2.2 and PMP 4.7.1
dtmoraug
3 REPLIES 3
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: Error Unsupported Configuration in PMP

'Unsupported Configuration' comes, when OS details of the given server are not matching with that of Supported Software entries of PMP database (PMP_V3_0).

You can edit these properties in SIM page & then either use 'Update Server List' button or restart PMP service to sync its database with that of SIM.

'Unreachable Licensed Servers' tells about the count of servers, which has been licensed with PMP / ICE licenses, but now their configuration is not matching with the supported matrix of PMP. New 'unsupported' OS or latest Management Agents (which may reports the OS in different format) might be installed on the given server.

Thanks.
dtmoraug
Occasional Advisor

Hi pkrai
Which values should i apply on the properties page of the server?

Mvh Morten
dtmoraug
ThomasVuylsteke
Occasional Contributor

Pkrai you totally sent me in the right direction! I had the exact same "issue" as dtmoraug, which I also very recently posted on these forums:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1233181336213+28353475&threadId=1307004

I described a solution over here:
http://virdep.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/hp-sim-performance-management-pack-and-windows-2008/

Altering the database to support the OS reported by HP SIM made it work flawless for me.