108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 4.2 does not see the VCRM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lisa Waters_1
Advisor

HPSIM 4.2 does not see the VCRM

The version control repository manager is installed and is running on the same box as HPSIM. SIM is still seeing, and only seeing the VCRM that is installed on a different box, that we used with the previous edition of SIM.

I click Options-Version Control Repository and the only one listed is the one on the old box.

How do I get the SIM to see the Version Control Repository Manager that is running on the same box?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
6 REPLIES 6
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HPSIM 4.2 does not see the VCRM

I assume you checked the service to see that it was running and that you have gone into the "System Management Homepage" to see the link to see the VCRM. It may be the IM agents don't trust the SIM server - even though there on the same box. Check the Agent trust and if you change it run the identify systems job/task. Also check that the SNMP string is configure [the SNMP service and SIM configuration].

Let me know if that gets you any closer.
Lisa Waters_1
Advisor

Thanks for your response. Yes, the service is running - the SNMP strings are configured - and I have been to the system management homepage. On the main page under the heading Version Control, the only subheading i see is the Version Control Agent. If i click that, then go into Change Agent Settings, it is still looking at the VCRM on the old server.

You said "It may be the IM agents don't trust the SIM server - even though there on the same box. Check the Agent trust and if you change it run the identify systems job/task" -- how do i check the agent trust?
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

If you don't see the VCRM link on the "System Management" homepage then it's not running correctly on the sever it's installed on. Try to DE-install VCRM and RE-install.

The Version Control agents do not automaticly point to VCRM - you must configure them.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22563.html

Lisa Waters_1
Advisor

Will uninstalling/reinstalling the VCRM interfere with my HPSIM that is currently running in production on this box?
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

As far as SIM is concern it's not running. No.
Lisa Waters_1
Advisor

Alright, thanks! I have planned an uninstall/reinstall of the VCRM & to reboot the server. Hopefully on the reinstall i can configure it correctly (i did not do the intial install of the VCRM). Thanks again for the help.