1755601 Members
4081 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM install help (right community?)

caveneyp
Occasional Contributor

HPSIM install help (right community?)

Trying to install HPSIM to use a remote instance of SQL and does not seem to be working as expected. is this possible? all the instructions state is that it can connect or install SQL express or connect to an existing SQL 2008 install. I would like to attach the HPSIM to a DB server located in an alternative zone that has a named instance. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have attempted the install in the following methods and have not worked, which is why I am addressing the question as to if it even does work, or I am providing invalid credentials.

user: my domain account that the SQL server is located in

pass: my password

domain: domain the SQL server is in

host: have tried virtual name, hostname, IP, and entire SQL instance name (virtual name\instance name)

instance (use this one): virtual name when IP, hostname or virtual name have been defined, or left blank with entire SQL instance name used.

all fail with:

---------------------------
Install Shell
Unable to get information from the specified database server.
OK  

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Insight Remote Support>general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HPSIM install help (right community?)

Have you tried the connection from the SIM server using SQL Server Management Studio?
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

The right community would be Community Home
>
HP Software Solutions Community
>
PC Software
>
ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum

ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum

You should find some existing entries about similar issues
caveneyp
Occasional Contributor

thanks. and yeah, SQL itself works fine from that application. I have a log collector and WSUS front ends on this server that communicate to the DB server that I am trying to get working with HPSIM. will take a look over at the other board you pointed me at and see if i can find anything in regards to my problem.

THANKS AGAIN!