1758646 Members
2144 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 F9A40A the fan speed is constant 70%

kovalev
Occasional Collector

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 F9A40A the fan speed is constant 70%

After upgrade using disk Service Pack for ProLiant ISO the fan speed is constant 70%.

How to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 F9A40A the fan speed is constant 70%

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL Gen10 Server - Fans Running at High Speed

2. Advisory: Integrated Lights-Out 5 (iLO 5) - Certain Network Adapters May Cause iLO 5 to Misread Temperatures, Causing High Fan Speeds on HPE Gen10 Systems

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

kovalev
Occasional Collector

Re: Query: ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 F9A40A the fan speed is constant 70%

1. HPE ProLiant DL Gen10 Server - Fans Running at High Speed

Not suitable because the updates for the server are gen10, but I have gen8. See screenshot. https://yadi.sk/d/Ko8WFjf2kqx-VQ 

2. Advisory: Integrated Lights-Out 5 (iLO 5) - Certain Network Adapters May Cause iLO 5 to Misread Temperatures, Causing High Fan Speeds on HPE Gen10 Systems

Not suitable because the updates for the server are gen10 (iLO5), but I have gen8 (iLO4).

kovalev
Occasional Collector

SanjeevGoyal: 

"I would suggest you remove non-hard disk from the server or non-HPE components from the server.
Update the server with the latest bios and ILO firmware.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,"

I have disconnected ALL drives: 4 HDDs and 1 SSD; disconnected the SD card. The situation has not changed. Fan speed is always 70%.

The problem is urgent and needs to be addressed.

kovalev
Occasional Collector

Screenshot 2021-12-17 093521.jpg

kovalev
Occasional Collector

Anyone have any ideas?

DAVID_CBC
Regular Visitor

It happens the same to me, any ideas how to solve it?

techin
Super Advisor

If the fan speed on your ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (model F9A40A) is constantly running at 70% after upgrading using the disk Service Pack for ProLiant ISO, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Update the firmware: Ensure that you have the latest firmware version installed on your server. Visit the official HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise) support website and download the latest firmware update for your ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 model. Follow the instructions provided by HPE to perform the firmware update.

2. Reset BIOS settings: Sometimes, after a firmware update or hardware changes, the BIOS settings may need to be reset to their default values. Enter the BIOS setup utility during the server boot process and look for an option to reset the settings to defaults. Save the changes and restart the server.

3. Check fan connections: Open the server chassis and ensure that all the fan connections are secure. Sometimes, a loose or improperly connected fan cable can cause issues with fan speed control. Disconnect and reconnect the fan cables, making sure they are firmly seated.

4. Check for system health issues: Use the HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) or HPE System Management Homepage (SMH) to check the server's health status. Look for any error messages or warnings related to fan speed or temperature. Address any identified issues, such as faulty sensors or other hardware problems.

5. Check fan settings in BIOS: Within the BIOS setup utility, check for any fan speed control settings. Ensure that the fan speed control is set to "Automatic" or "Dynamic" mode rather than a fixed percentage. Save the changes and restart the server to see if the fan speed adjusts accordingly.

If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it is recommended to reach out to HPE support for further assistance. Provide them with the details of the firmware update you performed and any relevant error messages or symptoms you are experiencing. They should be able to provide specific guidance or further troubleshooting steps.

DAVID_CBC
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

After Step 1 & 2, now it works. Setting to defaults worked for me!

Thanks!

David