1754326 Members
2692 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Service Pack for ProLiant 2023.09 Gen10

chrisarceo
Occasional Advisor

Service Pack for ProLiant 2023.09 Gen10

Does anyone has installed the latest SPP update release today, September 12, 2023?

I'm still hesitant to install this update as this is still new, and I'm unsure if this update confidence is high-stable.

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Service Pack for ProLiant 2023.09 Gen10

Hello,

Click here to download Gen10 Service Pack for ProLiant.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

chrisarceo
Occasional Advisor

Hello TVVJ,

Thanks for your response and the link provided.

However, my concern is about the stability of the latest SPP update. Is there a way we can check the confidence level of the firmware or is it recommended to defer the latest HPE updates?

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @chrisarceo

Good day!

I do not have much info on what you need. But can help you with some general info: When it comes to updating server firmware and software, especially for critical infrastructure like HPE ProLiant servers, it's essential to exercise caution.

Here are some general steps and best practices to consider when deciding whether to install an SPP update:

>> Always start by reviewing the release notes and documentation provided by the SPP. This will give you information about what changes are included, known issues, and any prerequisites.

>> If possible, set up a test environment that mirrors your production environment. Install the update there first and monitor for any issues or conflicts.

>> Before performing any updates, ensure you have a full backup of your critical data and configurations. This will allow you to recover in case something goes wrong.

>> Reach out to HPE support for guidance. They can provide you with information on the update's stability and any known issues.

>> Plan the update during a scheduled maintenance window to minimize disruption to your production environment.

>> Have a rollback plan in case the update causes unexpected problems. This includes having a copy of your previous firmware version and configurations.

>> Take into account your organization's specific requirements, including any compliance or security considerations that may require prompt updates.

Remember that the decision to update should be based on your organization's risk tolerance and specific circumstances. It's not always necessary to install the latest update immediately, especially if your current configuration is stable and meets your needs. Always proceed with caution when updating critical systems.

Hope this gives some insights! All the best

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.