1764707 Members
2429 Online
108932 Solutions
New Discussion

AIT 50 - Tape eject issues

Glen Moore

AIT 50 - Tape eject issues

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to automatically eject a AIT 50 tape (casette) that I mistakely put into an external drive that we don't use anymore however is still attached to a server that's been recently reinstalled without any third party tape management software and now it'll not eject. I tried to hold the eject button for at least 10 seconds and no response. I powered off drive and checked cables and confirmed that the device is installed correctly. If the device is attached and you put a tape into it like I did, shouldn't it still eject if you follow the 5-10 second holding the eject button. I have heard that there's documentation to manually eject tapes, ie...totally remove tape drive, take off cover and follow procedure to manually control the tape ejection, if so I would love to geta copy of this. Please reply with any advice and/or documents.

Thanks,

Glen Moore
1 REPLY 1
Glen Moore

Re: AIT 50 - Tape eject issues

Hi Everyone,

I resolved one of my inquiries with regards to the External Compaq AIT 50 tape drive and a stuck tape by powering down the server and then recycle and hold the eject button for 5-10 seconds and tape ejected. My other problem is the same issue with the Compaq AIT 50 Internal drive and a stuck tape which I tried the same procedure and it didn't work. I have heard that there's a way to manually remove the drive open up and perform steps to manually remove the tape by using a screwdriver to turn the drive mechanism. If anyone knows how to do this or has documentation, please advise.

Thanks,

Glen Moore